This Week at Ace’s – May 22 – 26, 2019 – The Music, The Artists & More
Ace Gillett’s Musical Happenings – Week of 5.22.19
Greetings, Jazz Fans! Ace Gillett’s Music Director John Olson here to let you know what we have cued up for this week:
Jazz Jam Session
- Wednesday, 5/22 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- Tonight we’re back to our weekly Jazz Jam Session, hosted by Spencer Zweifel, Seth Lewis and myself. Drums, Piano, Bass and a Vocal mic are all provided. As always, we ask that interested performers follow our musician’s dress code of suit and tie for men and cocktail attire for women. All playing levels are welcome and encouraged to attend. Happy Hour pricing in the Lounge all night! Now that we’re on a weekly schedule, I’m hoping our jam will be a destination location for jazz musicians to meet and network with like-minded players. Tonight’s “Drums du Jour” are a surprise, but I’ve been threatening to bring out a Canopus Club Kit for a while now (but you’ll have to come see for yourself).
- Thursday, 5/23 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- the Subterraneans welcome back sax-man Andrew Vogt, accompanied by Spencer Zweifel, Seth Lewis and myself. Please note our new, one-hour-earlier starting time for Thursday nights. Happy Hour starts at 4:00 pm, with Live Jazz in the Lounge from 7:00 to 11:00 pm.
- Friday, 5/24 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans welcome Briana Harris on alto saxophone, accompanied by Spencer Zweifel, Matt Smiley and myself. Bri has a busy summer of music scheduled with the Burroughs (and many other groups), but we still hope to feature her monthly at Ace’s.
Steve Kovalcheck Trio
- Saturday, 5/25 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans welcome UNC faculty member Steve Kovalcheck on guitar in a Trio setting with bassist Connor Koch and myself. Steve is a regular favorite at Ace Gillett’s and in high demand as a performer locally and nationally. If you haven’t had an opportunity to hear him perform, come on down to see what all of the buzz is about!
- Sunday, 5/26 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- Mark Sloniker is back after a week off, playing solo piano in the Lounge from 7:00 to 11:00 pm. Mark is a weekly favorite at Ace Gillett’s and is usually joined by family and friends for his second and third sets. He has earned his status as a local legend, having undoubtably played more nights of live music in Fort Collins than anyone else on record!
As you may have already heard, renovations for Ace Gillett’s are on hold for the time being. Spread the word that we’ll continue featuring your favorite food, cocktails and Live Jazz Wednesday through Sunday nights until further notice. If you haven’t had a chance to see the renovations at the Armstrong, come on down and admire the transformation!
As always, Thank You for supporting Live Jazz at Ace Gillett’s – I hope to see you there soon!
Ace Gillett’s Lounge