This Week at Ace’s – February 27 – March 3, 2019 – The Music, The Artists & More
Ace Gillett’s Musical Happenings – Week of 2.27.19
Greetings, Jazz Fans! Ace Gillett’s Music Director John Olson here to let you know what we have cued up for this week:
- Wednesday, 2/27 – 7:30 to 11:00
- Tonight we’re featuring long-time Ace Gillett’s performer Spencer Zweifel on piano, with Alto Saxophonist Marc Schwartz. This will be Marc’s second time to be featured at Ace’s. I expect that he and Spencer will be performing a nice mix of jazz standards and classics from the Great American Songbook.
Jeff Jenkins Trio
- Thursday, 2/28 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans welcome back pianist Jeff Jenkins in a Trio setting with Seth Lewis and myself. Jeff just finished a month-long residency at Nocturne in Denver, paying tribute to classic Jazz Piano Trios. He consistently brings new material to perform each week he’s at Ace Gillett’s and tonight should be no different. If you haven’t had an opportunity to hear Jeff yet, come on down to see why he is one of the “first-call” pianists for all of Colorado.
- Friday, 3/1 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans kick off March with sax-man Andrew Vogt. Andrew has been a favorite performer at Ace Gillett’s from the very beginning, all the way back to our opening night in March of 2010. Whether playing Alto, Tenor, Baritone or Soprano saxophone, Andrew brings an infectious enthusiasm to every gig. The jazz in the basement will be hot this Friday night!
- Saturday, 3/2 – 8:00 to Midnight
- Here’s a rare Ace Gillett’s opportunity to hear pianist Eric Gunnison in a Trio setting, accompanied by Seth Lewis and myself. Eric has performed with the Lettermen, Rare Silk, Carmen McRae, Nelson Rangell, Roberta Gambarini, Christian McBride and the Dizzy Gillespie Allstars among many others. It’s not that often that we get to feature him at Ace Gillett’s so this is will be a night you don’t want to miss.
- Sunday, 3/3 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- Pianist Mark Sloniker returns for his usual Sunday slot, typically featuring a variety of family and friends that join him throughout the night. Sundays are always one of our favorite nights for music – come down to join the fun and you’ll quickly see why!
As always, Thank You for supporting live jazz at Ace Gillett’s – I hope to see you there soon!
Ace Gillett’s Lounge