This Week at Ace’s – June 12 – 16, 2019 – The Music, The Artists & More
Ace Gillett’s Musical Happenings – Week of 06.12.19
Greetings, Jazz Fans! Ace Gillett’s Music Director John Olson here to let you know what we have cued up for the first full week of June:
Jazz Jam Session
- Wednesday, 6/12 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- Tonight we’re back to our weekly Jazz Jam Session, hosted by Steve Kovalcheck, Seth Lewis and myself. Drums, Piano, Bass and a Vocal mic are all provided. Since Steve is part of the house band this week, we’ll also have a guitar amp on hand. As always, we ask that interested performers follow our musician’s dress code of suit and tie for men and cocktail attire for women. All playing levels are welcome and encouraged to attend. Now that we’re on a weekly schedule, I’m hoping our jam will be a destination location for jazz musicians to meet and network with like-minded players. Drummers – this is the last week I’ll be featuring the Canopus Club Kit so if you haven’t had a chance to play it yet, tonight’s the night!
- Thursday, 6/13 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- The Subterraneans welcome guitarist Steve Kovalcheck, along with Jeff Jenkins, Seth Lewis and myself. Steve and Jeff are both extremely active on the CO jazz scene and it’s not often that I get to schedule them together. Don’t miss this one!
Briana & Joel Harris
- Friday, 6/14 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans welcome Briana and Joel Harris, maintaining the “Couples Theme” from last week when we featured Jenna McLean and Seth Lewis on Thursday and Alyson Agemy and Teague Bechtel on Friday. Do musical couples have to schedule their practice time at home so they’re not playing over each other? I’ll have to ask Bri and Joel! Most of you know Bri as a monthly-regular on Alto Sax at Ace’s and as a founding member of the Burroughs. Her husband Joel is an outstanding Tenor Saxophonist – this might be only the second time we’ve featured them together and I’m really looking forward to this chord-less quartet. Bri and Joel will be accompanied by Seth Lewis and myself.
- Saturday, 6/15 – 8:00 to Midnight
- The Subterraneans welcome Jeff Jenkins in a Trio setting with Connor Koch and myself. We featured this Trio a couple of weeks ago and it was a ton of fun! If you haven’t had a chance to hear Jeff yet, don’t miss this opportunity.
- Sunday, 6/16 – 7:00 to 11:00 pm
- Mark Sloniker is back playing solo piano in the Lounge from 7:00 to 11:00 pm. Mark is a weekly favorite at Ace Gillett’s and is usually joined by family and friends for his second and third sets. He has earned his status as a local legend, having undoubtably played more nights of live music in Fort Collins than anyone else on record!
As you may have already heard, renovations for Ace Gillett’s are on hold for the time being. Spread the word that we’ll continue featuring your favorite food, cocktails and Live Jazz Wednesday through Sunday nights until further notice. If you haven’t had a chance to see the renovations at the Armstrong, come on down and admire the transformation!
As always, Thank You for supporting Live Jazz at Ace Gillett’s – I hope to see you there soon!
Ace Gillett’s Lounge